2010/03/24

Asset modelling

Aside from the major game projects, there is also the individual development angle in which we pick a speciality to focus on and work towards. For me that would be modelling. So for my personal project I'm going to be working on asset modelling.

For this I need to develop skills in speed modelling, low-poly modelling, and efficient texturing. Matt has recommended that I take a picture of a warehouse or something similar and attempt to model every item in the image with varying styles of texture, therefore I've scoured Google for some source images to work from (below).

I'm looking forward to this challenge as I tend to find modelling a fun and interesting task (just not the high end crap or viciously rigged animations). So if any of the groups need some assets done up for there games I'd be glad to lend my help. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be a lot more skilled and have an impressive stable of models to demonstrate.





No comments: