2010/05/04

Enivronment work #1

As another part of my course I am required to produce three environment scenes of high quality. Admittedly I've been a bit slow in getting started on them but I have finally begun the ball rolling today. I've decided to document this project here as well.

My goal is to recreate three scenes from Stephen King's Dark Tower series. The Western Shore (Drawing of the Three), Dutchhill Mansion (the Wastelands), and Doorway Cave (Wolves of the Calla). So far I've managed to start work on Western Shore without any major problems.

Reference picture:


Screenshot:


Preliminary render:


I didn't get a chance to finish stretching the ocean to the edge of the frame, but I think it is turning out pretty well. Now just need to get to work on the other two scenes and I should be headed in the right direction.

No comments: