2010/11/02

2 minutes to midnight


Approaching midnight now.

Have been working pretty much nonstop since this morning. I have gotten a fair bit done, but have spent even more time fixing the code every time it broke (pretty much when ever I tried to do something).

I did a quick test and discovered that 35 is the maximum number of tiles you can have on the field and still have it playable. (For an idea I'll have to look into later)

Setup a larger display picture for the highlighted symbol and added a set display. (Hoping to add the option of choosing which set to study)

A functional in-game menu.

The options screen still needs some work, but now you can choose which letters you play with.
Romaji (alphabet) & Hiragana (curvy one)
Romaji & Katakana (pointy one)
Hiragana & Katakana

While I have spent a lot of time rewiring the code, I think in the long run it will be worth it. The way I had it all laid out before was very limiting. Now coming into the final stretch I am hoping for some luck at getting the rest of the features in.

No comments: