2010/10/26

KanaKana Update

After a little monkeying with the code and some issues of displaying text, KanaKana now has ... [drumroll] ... an actual heads up display, complete with functional buttons. The only button that does anything at the moment is the exit of course but it's a start.

The numbers along the HUD will actually change when I tell them to. At the moment all they do is cycle up, but it's a start. Once I get the different scripts talking to each other they'll actually have meaning. Might even try adding a clock.


Now just about all that's left to do is:
  • Get the scripts communicating
  • Set up the new game function
  • Set up the next level (hopefully so it will keep going)
  • Add a help-screen
  • And adjust some features
Anything after that is just gravy. If I get it running on time I'll be able to add more letters. With some luck, I'll have it ready for beta testing tomorrow afternoon. I've already got plenty of volunteers waiting to give it a try.

No comments: