2010/10/30

KanaKana Progress Report

A couple of days ago I uploaded a build of the game to the language site Smart.fm, to have it tested. I got some very helpful advice on what needed to be done to make KanaKana work better. One of the biggest concerns was that more letters were needed. Therefore I have to go back and rework the letter handler (I'm keeping a back-up of the working script just in case).

Going through and creating the letters for each set has resulted in something quite startling though. There is 70+ characters in each set (hiragana, katakana, and english), luckily I've been able to lower the number of materials needed but that's still over 210 textures in use (not all at once thankfully). After I get everything working again I might need to worry about efficiency a bit deeper.

With some luck I'll have everything online before the deadline on Wednesday.

No comments: